When it comes to beauty products I use with caution. I've tried most of the leading beauty products in the local market from papaya soaps, hydroquinone, pearl paste, whitening lotion to bleaching powder. After regular use of these products I find no improvement so I just stop using them.
Then six months ago I used a papaya soap (too local) that left my face red and stinging. Since then I have not applied any product on my skin. Yes, despite my skin developing unsightly fine lines and my eyes developing dark circles due to stress and lack of sleep, I have never used any product since then. But these past ten days I've tried to catch up in caring for my health... I went on a detox diet, started taking anti-oxidant multivitamin (HavitAll) and learning to handle stress. Within those ten days a friend offered me a Glutathione-based soap from UNO
I was glad to get hold of this well-known product, but I hoped this wasn't one of those labeled "fake" in the news. Skeptical, I said I'll just try it for 2 days and if it won't work or if it will harm my skin - I'll just stop. Eight days later, to my amazement, my skin's texture improved, the fine lines diminished and even my freckles are fading! And it did not sting at all.
Now I'm using it, not really to whiten my skin but to detoxify it. My 30-something niece kidded me once, "Sa lagay na yan, may lakas ng loob ka pang gumamit ng glutathione?" She meant I'm already fair-skinned and yet I still see the need to use the soap. Well, I said, yes I see my need for it - health-wise =)
So here's what I found about Glutathione...
GLUTATHIONE- small protein composed of 3 amino acids called cysteine, glutamic acid and glycine, produced normally by the body in response to today’s environment such as pollution in the air we breath, water we drink, chemicals & pesticides in the food we eat that cause damages in our cells & system.
Glutathione is often referred to as Master Anti-oxidant in the body.“small molecule made up of linked amino acids and anti-oxidant naturally produced in the body. It has been widely heralded for its importance for good health and long life.
Glutathione in increased dose posts a remarkable good 'side effect' such as SKIN WHITENING".“the greater the exposure to toxins, the faster the body uses up its supply glutathione. Without the protection of Glutathione, cells die at a faster rate, making people age quicker & putting them at risk for toxin induced diseases including cancer.”
GLUTATHIONE (GSH) (Anti-oxidant, Anti-aging and for Fairer Skin)
CLINICAL NAME: Glutathione
SYNONYM: Reduced L- glutathione
CHEMICAL NAME: Gamma-L-glutamyl – L – cysteninylglycine or L-7-glutanyl – cysteinylglycine
FOUND WHERE?- present in virtually in all mammalian tissue- mostly in liver where it detoxifies many harmful compounds to be excreted through the bile- red and white blood cells- lungs- intestinal tract
PRIMARY BIOLOGICAL FUNCTIONS:
- to act as a non-enzymatic reducing agent to help keep cysteine thiol side chains in a reduce state onthe surface of proteins
- involved in the synthesis & repair of DNA
- helps to recycle Vit. C and Vit. E
- blocks free radical damage
- enhances the anti-oxidant activity of Vit. C
- facilitates the transport of amino acids
- plays a critical role in the detoxification of harmful compounds
- is the base material for several other key antioxidant enzyme systems such as, glutathione-peroxidase, glutathione-reductase and glutathione-transferase
- Body (AID) A - ntioxidant I - mmune booster D - etoxifier
THEREFORE, declines in glutathione concentrations in intracellular fluids correlate directly withindicators of aging.
WHAT CAN GLUTATHIONE DO FOR YOU:
· Whitens the skin
· Dark spot remover
· Prevent/remove pimples and pimple marks
· Anti-aging and anti-wrinkle
· Makes your skin smooth, fresh and radiant
· Enhance healing of wounds
· Nourishes skin
GLUTATHIONE AS THE MASTER OXIDANT:
· Improves immune system
· Helps in preventing cancer especially Liver Cancer.
· Protects our body free radicals & reactive oxygen molecules.
· Is required in detoxifying nicotine.
· Helps our Liver in detoxifying our body.
· Plays important role in cancer prevention & treatment.
· Appears to protect against the dangers of heart diseases, premature aging and chronic illness.
· Increases sperm count for men with low sperm counts.
· Low glutathione levels are found in immune compromised individuals, Neuro-degenerative diseases such as multiple sclerosis, ALS, Alzheimer, and Parkinson's disease, arteriosclerosis, male infertility, pregnancy complications, cataracts, damage from many pharmaceutical drugs, cancer and poor survival rate for patients with AIDS.
PROVEN THERAPEUTIC USES:
- antioxidant action
- liver diseases
- muscular degeneration
SIDE-EFFECTS: Generally considered to be free of side-effects. No untoward side-effects nor interactions with oral administration reported even in prolonged use. It is SAFE. Classified as Food Supplement not a herbal. Made from genetically synthesize molecules.The only reported side- effect is SKIN WHITENING when taken in increased doses.
WHO NEEDS GLUTATHIONE:
- alcoholic drinkers
- with low immune system
- with liver problems
- with thyroid problems
- has cataracts
- with low sperm counts
- with cancer
- those who wants to possess fairer and whiter skin
LOW GLUTATHIONE LEVELS ARE FOUND IN:
- Aging population
- Immunocompromised individuals
- With atherosclerosis
- Male infertility
- Pregnancy complications
- Liver problems