The Sacred Heart Diet - Cabbage Soup Diet (as I call it before) has many benefits when continued at a moderate pace and is safe and regular exercise and healthy eating. I've personally tried this diet during the late 90's in it's seemingly bland state. I'm glad that it was reintroduced to be by my aunt who swears by it, with an enhanced recipe.
You can reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes through the program of weight loss of power of the Sacred Heart. However, it is recommend that you follow the diet of the Sacred Heart for the long-term use.
7-day Sacred Heart Diet :
You can have fruit except for bananas during the first day. More advisable are watermelons and cantaloupes, since they have lesser calories than other fruits. It is recommended to have only fruits and soup today.
You can have all the vegetables on the second day. Have cooked, fresh, raw, or canned veggies till you are full. Do no go for peas, corn, or dry beans. Try having more green leafy vegetables. You can also eat a baked potato along with butter in your dinner. However, do not have any fruits on the second day.
You can eat all sorts of vegetables, fruits, soup and other soups on this day, but do not go for any baked potatoes.
Have skim milk and bananas on the fourth day of your diet plan. Drink as much milk as possible along with the soup. Eat minimum 3 bananas today.
This diet plan recommends having tomatoes and beef on its fifth day. Have a can full of tomatoes or up to 6 tomatoes and 10-20 ounces of beef. Try eating the soup at least once during the day.
You can eat as much vegetables and beef as you wish on day 6. Do not go for baked potatoes and have 2 to 3 steaks if you wish. Today, again have the soup at least once.
On the seventh day of your schedule, eat vegetables, brown rice, and unsweetened fruit juice, until you are full. You can also go for cooked vegetables in your rice. Also have the soup today.
Drinks that are allowed during the implementation of the Sacred Heart Diet include tea (herbal as well), cranberry juice, unsweetened juices, lots of water, coffee, and skim milk.
The recipe for the diet soup goes as follows:
* 1 or 2 cans of diced, stewed, or whole canned tomatoes
* 3 large green onions for taste
* 2 cans of green beans
* Few teaspoons of beef bullion for taste
* 1 pkg. chicken noodles
* 1 bunch of chopped celery
* 2 green/red/yellow/orange peppers
* ¼ or ½ shredded cabbage
You can season your soup with parsley, pepper curry, salt, Worcestershire or hot sauce, and bullion. Cut the vegetables into small or medium sized pieces and cover the soup with water. Boil for 10 continuous minutes and then reduce to simmer. Cook the soup until all the vegetables are soft but not mushy.
1. Find a reason. Look for the most alluring side of you. What is your greatest asset?
2. Look for a heroine. There must be someone you admire. Find her picture and keep it for inspiration.
3. Affirm love. Believe in loving words that can uplift you like, "You are a special person."
4. Write to yourself. Talk to yourself through a letter. Imagine that your higher self is teaching you all you need to do to improve yourself.
5. Believe. Faith in your self is of paramount importance. If you don't believe in yourself, who will?
6. Find your purpose. If you are dissatisfied with your situation, do something about it. You will find your value in what best fulfills you.
If your skin is sensitive or just looking irritated and puffy for some reason, steep a bag of green tea for a minute or two, let it cool down, and dab it over your face. The antioxidants in the tea take down inflammation.